The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer and can fulfill an exciting career in Law Enforcement. Although we only accept applications for Road Deputy as needed, any interest in Jail Deputy positions will be reviewed regularly. Please fill out an application which will be forwarded to our Jail Commander. Visit our webpage regularly for news and updates regarding possible Road Deputy positions, qualifications and deadlines.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office has recently united with EMCPO to assist in the hiring of Jail Deputies. Interested applicants who wish to have a stronger chance of being selected for a position are encouraged to register for an examination that can help ensure your position here. Simply, visit the website, https://www.empco.net/ind and follow the instructions. There is a fee for the examination.
Click here for the Jail Deputy Application
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office accepts applications for all civilian positions. While there may not be a vacancy in the position you are applying for, we will accept the application and maintain it for a 1 year period.
Click here for the Civilian Application
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Is Hiring
Applications are currently being accepted for the position of
This position offers competitive salary, benefits and an excellent working environment. Interested individuals should submit an application and their resume to the Montgomery County Sheriff.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is multifaceted however the primary role of the Sheriff's Clerk is, in cooperation with the Sheriff, to manage all Montgomery County Sheriff's payrolls, claims, tax warrants, cash bonds and balance the Sheriff's cash book. This position is responsible for the financial planning and coordination of all three Sheriff's budgets.
- Prepare payroll for Sheriff, Jail and Work Release each pay period.
- Maintain records for; payroll vouchers, time sheets and time cards.
- Prepare and preserve all employee service records.
- Prepare and submit for payment all Sheriff, jail and work release claims.
- Orient new employees from a human resources standpoint.
- Design and implement filing systems for all Sheriff's Clerk responsibilities.
- Manage the Tax Warrant process.
- Collect fees and submit them to the Montgomery County Clerk's and Auditor's Offices.
- Submit monthly reports of collection.
- Prepare and issue checks as necessary.
- Process all cash and surety bonds.
- Manage the Sheriff's Cash Book, as assigned by the Indiana State Board of Accounts.
- Assist the Sheriff with budget preparation and management.
- Assist with general office activity.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Montgomery County Sheriff.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or general equivalency diploma.
- Proficient computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Must possess basic knowledge of general office practices, such as filing, record keeping, phone etiquette, etc.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Must have basic knowledge and comprehension of legal documents processed by the Sheriff's Office.
Applications may be picked-up in person at:
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
600 Memorial Drive
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
The application deadline is July 11, 2017 at 12 PM (noon).